Wednesday 16 October 2013

Sommarlek - Helena

Sommarlek 2

I fell in love with the Dusty Attic Bicycle (DA0880) the minute I saw it, but I have not found the right layout to use it on, until now! I have scrapped about my darling daughter and her cousin when they played in our garden this summer, and then used the bicycle and other Dusty Attic chipboard pieces to create an outdoor scene.

I started with creating my background. Since the background paper (from BoBunny) had a door on it, I decided to make a brick wall around it, using bricks from Brick Wall Panel (DA0316). I started with painting the paper with white gesso and misted with grey glimmer mist. I then used a brick stencil here and there, before I glued Dusty Attic bricks on the paper. I then painted the bricks with white gesso and Shimmerz Texturez (which I put on using my finger tips - the best way to get an uneven result, which I wanted for this page).

Sommarlek detalj

The bicycle I painted white, and then I painted some of the details with Dusty in Color, Oceania (DA0912). I then used Clear Gloss Varnish (DA0901) on the saddle and the basket. I also put on some Fairy Dust Glitter on the basket.

Sommarlek detalj2

The title "sommarlek" means "summer play" and I used the mini ABC set (DA0862) raw.

Sommarlek detalj3

In the upper left corner I put a Gothic ATC window (DA0795) that I painted white and then put some Shimmerz Texturez on.

If you look closely you can also spot some Mini Butterflies (DA0893).

Sommarlek detalj4

And here are a couple of more close-ups:

Sommarlek detalj5

I have used Texturez on the flowers too:

Sommarlek detalj6
 
Thank you for calling in on the blog today
Helena
 

1 comment: