Thursday 26 February 2015

LOVE - Patricia Basson



Hello friends...
Today I am sharing an altered project made for Dusty Attic. I transformed a plain LOVE photo-frame into a little garden filled with flowers and foliage and even a little Bird!



To prepare the background I covered it with some tissue paper and painted a watered down layer of Dusty Attic Cashmere paint...All the paints I used are Dusty in Colour



I then added a layer of Bisque mixed with some glaze and whipped some of it off with a wet wipe. I also used the Bisque to do a little stencilling. Denim was used to colour the edges.



The Elegant Swirl #3 was painted with Storm Cloud and dry brushed with a little Denim...I cut it into pieces and placed it in various places on the frame. My flowers are Dusty in Bloom, Grassy Knoll and Cornsilk.






The Maiden Hair Fern and Vine Frame #1 was Gesso'd and texture added with some texture paste. It was painted with Jungle Green , Pesto and Forrest. I used some gesso to highlight.
The small branch # 4 was painted with Gingernut and dry brushed with Forrest.








I wanted the leaves to have some added textures, therefore I wet them with water before painting, I separated and curled them a little and dried them with my Heat-gun. Dusty Attic chipboard are ideal for this technique for it separates into at least three layers that can be curled. 





The Birdcage is two Mini Birdcage #2 cages layered...I cut the top one in two and made small card-board hinges in order for it to open up a little...it was painted with Fine Silver.






All these products are available from the Dusty Attic Shop...









Mini Birdcage #2







    



In the garden I tend to drop my thoughts here and there.
 To the flowers I whisper the secrets I keep 
and the hopes I breathe. 
I know they are there to eavesdrop
 for the angels. 
~Dodinsky~


Wishing you all best wishes and Happy Scrappings...till next time
Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment