Wednesday 27 January 2016

Great Outdoors - Lisa Gregory

Hello Dusty Attic Lovers!! I bring to you the Great Outdoors! My daughter is a chef, as well as an avid fisherwoman. When Grouper is in fishing season in Florida, she hops onto a charter boat to get the catch of the day. I "fished" through my Dusty Attic stash to find foliage that reminded me of the sea. This is what I came up with.


I followed through the theme with papers that has fishies on them. I love the colors of the sea, and had to compliment them with an accent color of coral. I used the Dusty Attic Corrugated Cardboard to accent and lift the layout giving it dimension. I painted it using Dusty In Colour Hot Chocolate, then sprayed it with Lindys shimmering spray to highlight the blues in the paper.


I painted the chipboard with the Dusty In Colour in Hot Chocolate and sprayed it with color once the acrylic dried. It is a real deep rich chocolate color. I love it! Perfect for tree bark, or leafy stems.


I did  the same to the title wi the brown base and spray. I love that you can still see the brown under the blue. Kind of like a rusted patina look.


I used a different color spray to highlight the Swirly Vine. More of a coral gold
 ish color. The brown lends a nice base for the sprays. I just wanted a little shimmer for this layout.


I really love the Laurel Sprigs. They would also make a nice filler in a floral cluster.


Thank you for joining me for my first post in 2016. I am looking forward to a creatively productive year with Dusty Attic. I hope you keep coming back for inspiration from our delicious Design Team!! They are truly amazing!!




 


Until we meet again...
xoxo

2 comments: