Sunday 3 January 2016

January Mood Board (new Design board) and December winner

JANUARY MOOD BOARD INSPIRATION BOUGHT TO YOU BY RACHELLE SIGURDSON

Happy New Year! I am excited to share with you, a LO I did, using Dusty Attic's Mood Board for January.

I found this Mood Board, not only Beautiful, but very inspiring, as they all will be, for the year 2016!
The Challenge has a amazing prize of a $100 Dusty Attic Gift Voucher for the winner. To enter all you need to do, is use the Mood Board for Inspiration,  you can interpret it anyway you like. The only requirement is that Dusty Attic chipboard is used in your creation. Once completed simply add your link to the right side of the bar of the Dusty Attic Blog...
The Dusty Attic used: ( used lots of Dusty Attic's New Beautiful Releases)
Vintage Frame #2
Vintage Frame #2
Brick Window
Brick Window
Elegant Chain
Elegant Chain
Foliage #2
Foliage #4
Ivy Flourish
Ivy Flourish
Word Pack #9
Word Pack #9
Vase  4pk
Vase 4pk
Ferns
Ferns
Marrakesh Trellis small
Marrakesh Trellis
mini Brick Wall
Mini Brick Wall
Teeny Tiny ABC set
Tiny Tiny ABC
Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish
Dusty in Color Clear Crackle Varnish
Here are some close ups...
I love to get my texture, through paper layers & chipboard layers. Here is a close up, showing some of the layering. I painted the bottom part of the Elegant chain with clear crackle, then placed the top part on while the crackle was still wet. I let that dry then painted the crackle part with Shimmerz inklings chocolate & Diamonds, & the top with Lindys, Magical, cream brulee cream. I then glued that piece onto the brick window. I dipped the Ivy Flourish in water, then gently lifted the edges. I  used a heat gun to dry it ( this also helps to make the edges curl up). Once the Ivy Flourish was completely dry, I applied a coat of clear crackle, I let that dry, then painted it with LuminArt' Silk, Teal Zircon & Vintage Mint. I glued that onto the Ivy Flourish...

The flowers used, are older flowers that I had on hand, from IamRoses. I altered them by removing the flower centers, then painting them with Ranger Perfect Pearls, Pearl, once they dried, I glued on the seed beads for the flower centers...

I painted the pot & columns with the clear crackle, let dry, then painted it with the Inklings chocolate & diamonds. I used the crackle also on the bricks. On the under piece I used the chocolate & diamonds & on the bricks I used the creame brulee...

I painted the Marrakesh Trellis with the Cream Brulee, glued it down, then glued on the seed beads & pearls..

Here are some more closeups....














Remember, that,  You can win $100 Gift Voucher to the
All you have to do is add your link to your blog on the right hand side bar.

Thank you to everyone that entered December Mood Board - especially since it is such a busy busy month and the winner is ...

Georgie C
Please email us at 
dustyattic.hq@gmail
to find out how to gain your $100 gift voucher to the
 DUSTY ATTIC store


Thank you so much for taking the time to look & all the Best for the Year of 2016.....Rachelle






























6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, just stopping by to check out the new mood board... I'm speechless, it's been a huge goal of mine to win over here on your amazing blog - thank you so much ladies, and huge gorgeous wishes for 2016. The mood board for this month is just beautiful beyond words, what an inspiring collection of images and Rachelle, your layout is magnificent. I can't stop looking at all those little details - love it all xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations Georgie!! such a beautiful project! Love the moodboard and what a gorgeous projects you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wauw what a wonderful moodboard and congratulations Georgie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous love all the details.

    ReplyDelete