Monday 29 August 2016

Little Moments - Lisa Gregory

 Hello Dusty Attic Lovers, Lisa here with  a mixed media piece here for your inspiration. This one is based on the August Mood Board. Green, Blue, Pink, with a touch of gold...OK..LOTS of gold.
For this layout, I white washed a piece of 12x12 patterned paper that I mounted on a piece of 12x12 corrugated cardboard. Then I used a mask and modeling paste in random spots. I coated all of my chipboard with white gesso. I coated the flowers with clear gesso. To frame my photo, I used a resin frame that I found at Hobby Lobby in the bridal section, and I coated it with white gesso as well. I tore and peeled back a piece of the background paper to reveal the corrugated card board underneath. I placed the frame and all of the elements on my paper. I pulled out my colored sprays and this is where the magic began to bring out the beauty in the Dusty Attic chipboard and flowers.


I absolutely love the Pendants chipboard, They are so elegant, This one has sweet little birdies in the framed circle. I cut down some pieces of the chain and used the pieces on either side of the pendant and "hung" some Foliage leaves on them. I placed a few strategically placed Prima Art Pebbles on the hanging Foliage and the pendant. They were brushed with gesso before spraying with color and dry brushing some Art Alchemy paint over them.


I tucked the Foliage chipboard under the Dusty in Bloom flowers . You can see a closeup of the Prima Art Stones. I added globs of Prima 3D Gloos gel where I wanted to adhere the stones. Once they dried, I brushed them with gesso, then used colored sprays over them before dry brushing them with Rose Gold Alchemy paint.


The Little Moments chipboard was sprayed with a darker plum color to match the original color of the flowers. After it dried, I white washed Art Basics Alchemy paint in Rose Gold over the title.


I sprayed the framein blue green and purple to blend into the background paper. Then white washed Art Basics Alchemy paint in Rose Gold to give it a gilded antique look. I left a lot of the blue and green for a Patina look as well. I gave the entire layout a light brushing of Rose Gold Alchemy paint. I guess you can say I gilded the layout.




-







2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Lisa's layouts are always so full of gorgeous sprays. Love the use of the chipboard - so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just adorable and well worth that effort thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete