Saturday, 1 April 2017

April .......

Another month ripped off the calendar!
It is getting cooler here in Australia mixed in with glorious Sunny days.
This months Sketch/Mood board is gorgeous Autumn colours with a rustic farm vibe. The sketch done especially for us by "The Nifty Pixel" is once again ever so pretty. Join in the fun for your chance to win a $100 Gift certificate to the
The winner of March challenge will be on the blog tomorrow and OMGawwdd I cant wait to share May news with you all ! (I know, a bit of a tease!)
Without  a further ado here is
with her amazing layout as inspiration for you.
Hello, today I am here to share with you, a LO I did, using Dusty Attic's Challenge for April....

The Challenge has a amazing prize of a $100 Dusty Attic Gift Voucher to the  Dusty Attic Website  for the winner. To enter all you need to do, is use the Mood Board for Inspiration,  you can interpret it anyway you like. The only requirement is that Dusty Attic chipboard is used in your creation. Once completed simply add your link to the right side of the bar of the Dusty Attic Blog...
The Dusty Attic used:
Branch #4
Branch #4
Branch #4 small
Branch #4 Small
Swirly Vine #4 small
Swirly Vine small
Filmstrips small
Film Strip small
mini Chicken Wire
Mini Chicken Wire
mini Bird Cage #1
Mini Bird Cage #1
Wordpl@y #2
Wordpl@y #2
Word Pack #25
Word Pack #25
The Maja Design used
I used: The Great Nature, Garden Moments-BS, Autumn Hues-BS
The 49 and Market used:
I used Rustic Barn Med Blooms,Rustic Melon Blooms &Burlap Trim
Other Elements used: Clear Crackle Paint, LuminArt Silk, Olive Vine, Iridescent Gold, Autumn Leaf, Tim Holtz Distress ink, walnut stain, Prills & cheesecloth
Here are some close ups....
I did distressed paper layers, inking the edges with the TH walnut stain, & used burlap trim & corrugated paper in the layers

I primed the chipboard with clear gesso, then applied clear crackle onto some of the pieces. Once the crackle dried I played with the silks using the olive vine, autumn leaf & iridescent gold for the different tones of color.. I dabbed the chicken wire, with the walnut stain, glued it down & glued on some Prills...
Here are a few more close ups

Thank you so much for taking the time to look & I am looking forward to see what you come up with, with this months challenge....Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment